I love repurposing things, and many years ago I saw an image (long lost) of a letterpress drawer turned spice rack. It was so charming to me and I wanted to recreate it.
I found some basic spice tins online and then started the hunt for the perfect letterpress drawer. I had the tins and knew the dimensions I needed. I checked junk shops, antique stores, without much luck. I ended up finding a compatible letterpress drawer on Ebay.
One unexpected draw back was that I didn’t really think about the depth of the slots and the tins were to wide to stay put. I decided to pick up a few packs of strong magnets and adhesive and we were in business. I put washi tape around the tins for labels and I’ve been happily cooking with it since.